When considering the architecture of your implementation of Work Clearance Management, you can choose between the standard model and the enhanced model for each planning plant.
The standard model comprises the following WCM objects:
- Work clearance application
- Work clearance documents
The enhanced model comprises the following WCM objects in addition:
- Work approval
- Additional applications
Both models are subject to certain assignment rules for the relationships between the WCM objects. If required, you can further restrict these relationships. For example, you can specify that only one Operational WCD may be assigned to a work clearance application.
- Your choice of model determines which WCM objects you can use and which relationships these objects have to each other. However, you do not have to use all WCM objects in a given model. This means you can quickly start using the model productively by using only the WCD templates, for example.
- We recommend using the standard model if lockout/tagout is of primary importance and other safety measures, such as radiation protection, safety in the workplace, and fire protection, play a less significant role.
- We recommend using the enhanced model if you want the system to track other safety measures, such as radiation protection, safety in the workplace, and fire protection in addition to lockout/tagout.
- Work permit management assumes the enhanced model.